Call for an appointment 480.862.9002
Looking for high quality and affordable passport or visa photos? You’ve come to the right place! As a professional photography business we provide customers with the best digital photographic and printing equipment.
Passport Photos and Visa Photos are ready in about 15 minutes
Open 7 days a week by appointment only. Passport photos or visa photos will be ready at the time of appointment.
Williams Passport Photos location is in Phoenix, AZ.
Passport and Visa photos must conform to the internationally agreed Bio-metric Standard for passports.
For more information, please visit the New Zealand Passport and Visa web site
Please bring an example or a set of specifications for your requirements.
New Zealand Passport and Visa Photo Requirements listed below:
• Photos should be no more than 6 months old
• You must be facing square on and looking straight at the camera
• No hat, head band or head covering, except for medical or religious reasons.
• Facial features from the bottom of the chin to the top of the forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly shown
• Sunglasses are not allowed in Passport and Visa Photos
• Tinted prescription glasses may be worn as long as the eyes are still visible
• No light reflection on the glasses.
• Digital manipulation of passport photos is not allowed
• A plain, light colored background is required of passport photos (not white)
• Background is normally light gray or blue is specified if you have fair hair
• No background shadow for passport and visa photos
• New Zealand Passport Photos must be high quality color showing natural skin tones
• Black and white photos are not acceptable as passport or visa photos
• New Zealand passport photos must be printed on high quality photographic paper
• Ink jet printing of passports photos is not allowed for New Zealand Passport Photos
• Thermal printing is not accepted either for New Zealand Passport photos
• Your face must be a neutral expression with mouth closed
• Your eyes must be open and clearly visible in the passport photo
• No hair across the face or eyes allowed in New Zealand passport photos
• 2 identical passport photos of yourself. Photo size: actual 45 mm height x 35 mm width
• Head size (including hair) a maximum 80% of the photo (36 mm) and minimum 70% of the photo (32 mm)
• Head must be centered, with a clear gap of 3 mm around the sides and top of the head, including hair
Passport Photo Requirements – New Zealand Passports (passports.govt.nz)
Passport Photo Requirements.
Providing acceptable passport photos will also help avoid delays in the processing of your passport application.
The photo is an essential part of your travel document. A good clear photo facilitates the use of Smart-gate and ensures you can be easily identified as you cross international borders.
To help you avoid some of the most common problems with photo quality, we have summarized the main requirements below.
- Photo must be less than 6 months old.
- photo must be in focus, with no red-eye and no reflected light on the face
- photo must be a true image, not altered in any way
- high quality color showing natural skin tones (black and white photos are not acceptable)
- the background must be plain and light, but not white
- there must be a strong contrast between the image and background, with no shadows
- face the camera straight on, with your head straight, eyes open and mouth closed
- maintain a neutral expression, not smiling or frowning
- ensure you have no hair across your face or eyes as eyes must be clearly visible
- head must be centered, with a clear gap around the sides and top of the head, including hair
- eyes must be clearly showing through glasses with no reflection
- remove glasses with heavy-rimmed frames
- do not wear sunglasses, or glasses with tinted lenses that obscure your eyes
Head Covering or headband
- no head covering or headband should be worn in the photo, unless you must wear either for religious or medical reasons
- use high quality, high resolution photo paper
- you can also use color film or low gloss coated thermal papers as long as the printer is high resolution
- DO NOT use matt paper, heavy-backed thermal paper or an ink-jet printer.
Photo Size (paper applications)
- Actual photo size of 35 mm width x 45 mm height
- Head size a maximum 80% of the photo (36 mm) and minimum 70% of the photo (32 mm)
Digital Photos for online renewals
- See ‘Tips to help you get correct digital passport photos‘ for the digital photo requirements.
Please contact the Passport office if you have a photo problem that you would like to discuss.